Prime

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pre-Egg Retrieval Rant

As I noted in my intro to the right we won a free IVF cycle since May and are just cycling and about to embark on ER tommorrow. We feel blessed and since Insurance does not cover any of this, doubly blessed for this opportunity and our luck; however I was well prepared to have to deal with some BS along the way and we have and not surprised by it, it's life. At the end of the day, the good far outweigh the bad.

Begin Rant

But today kind of took the cake enough for me to blog about it. I get a call at 1 today advising me that when I come in the morning I will need to pay $900 upfront if we have any embryos for freezing..... WHAT? I bluntly told the nurse, are you kidding me? We will NOT have $900 in the morning and why are we JUST being told this now? She rambled something off and said well the Doctor asked me to call you and tell you today. At first I was pissed ( wait I still kind of am), I called DH and let him know and he said well don't you have faith, perhaps it won't be an issue after all. Well it is an issue for me..$900 is not a lot of money but at the same time it is when it is NOT available. If we were told a head of time, oh I don't know, perhaps in May, June, July, August, September and oh yeah the beginning of the cycle to expect this cost then it wouldn't be a problem but to call us less than 24 hours of ER to tell us this now is HIGHLY ridiculous and crazy. Per DH when we get there they will either work with us on a 2 payment plan or not at all and thats that but I am royally pissed. Why do this to people at the last minute? I realize it is a FREE cycle, one we won, that was being offered but what I did not mention was prior to us actually winning this cycle, we consulted there because we were going to finance this. At the end of this I planned to provide the break down of the cost of our "FREE IVF CYCLE" as nothing is ever truly free, even the beginning monitors I had to pay co-pay with my insurance...in retrospect this cycle was not entirely free just cheaper than it would have been had we paid all together and upfront to start. I have decided to let it go, pray and will let God handle this situation and like DH said, "they will either work with us or they won't," I am just flabbergasted that someone would call at the last minute to tell us this but hey....such is life, and it could be worse, and you know what I am preparing for worse when I get there so I am not surprised when we get there.

I am grateful and thankful for this journey, it is our next shot and we pray "THE SUCCESSFUL" shot but a back up plan would be fantastic. Thankful for nurse S that has been so kind and patient with me through all of this. I pray that it works out that we get to freeze some and if not then, I guess not. No need to stress this...the devil is a liar and what will be will be.

End Rant

**Side Note**
I am bloated and can definitely feel my ovaries and cannot wait for them to get these follies out, here's to a great day tommorrow with nothing but smooth sailing. If you come across this please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...