Prime

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Transfer Day and no frosties

So we had our embryo transfer today. Got there at 8:15, and had to empty my bladder LOL couldn't take it and then started to refuel..( brought Gatorade). Anyway the embryologist called us back to review the embryos, one page had 2 perfect blasts and the other a bunch of others, my guess is 6-8.

He said well these are your two blasts and the others are not viable, and won't make it to freeze so will be discarded, we were not given grades or even a picture but from my research on Dr. Google I saw no fragmentation and quite frankly wont drive myself crazy thinking about it. He spoke quickly ( think salesman), shoved a paper in front of us to sign and was off. I said to my husband " But there are others on the paper that look like blasts too" my husband said well he is the professional and we only need 1 which is true but at the end of the day  I AM NOT CONVINCED, not in the least bit. (more on this later)

Not our Blasts just an example of what blasts look like for those who need to know

The Transfer
This part went smoothly and overall it was not too bad, uncomfortable yes, and I didn't have to fill up my bladder too much, THANK GOD. My favorite nurse assisted the doctor and we got a picture of our little ones aka peanut butter & jelly. Even though I wanted to pee like crazy, they said I need to lay there for 15 minutes, I overachieved and went to 20. When I went to pee, boy was I there long. Anyway I am currently in bed, bored, taking it easy, but going out of my mind. This bed rest thing is driving me nuts. Yeah am definitely heading to work tommorrow. I mean my last cycle-even though I had a miscarriage, I was up and in Manhattan in NYC, got on the subway and then bus BEFORE I got to rest and the next day spent it walking the city. I will take it easy but it won't matter \one way or the other. Also my lining was 15MM and he said I could do the PIO shots.............YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY........
Beta is 11/7th and I have plenty to keep me busy..I hope I can remain as I am today,m prayerful, thankful, blessed and hopeful.



Back to the Embryologist- We were just there Sunday, I had so many even further than 8 cell, while yes it could be true that the rest are not viable, for some reason I just didn't believe it.
Denial?-Maybe
There lab-perhaps?
It's free so they are doing the bare minimum-Well the thought crossed my mind but SART numbers would affect them so...hmmmm not sure
Is it because he didn't show them to us and covered the paper and then took it when he walked out for a minute without actaully "SHOWING" us them-DING DING DING. This was the face I gave DH

A disclaimer for the winning of this cycle states " The doctor can cancel the cycle at any time without explanation". This was the reason I didn't think too much of it but nobody wants to hear..."oh we will discard the rest, they won't be viable and able to freeze".  Something inside me told me it just was not true...I could be wrong, or in denial but my intuition tells me I am dead on. Anyway send up your prayers for our implanted embies. I have no fear and anxiety, I suppose what will be will be. How I will feel in another week I am not sure but for now...am good. I better get back to "resting"

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...