Prime

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

TRIGGER


We triggered it's 12:30 am Wednesday with 7500 IU of Novarel HCG and I am currently super sleepy  but here's a quick recap of the prior day. My final monitor check was yesterday ( Tuesday morning @ 7:15.am.) My lead follicle was 27MM, a fee 20's and a few 19's with still a few 16's, 17's and even 10's.....those lazy follies..LOL-overall I think 12-14 follies were announced out loud. I was given  a prescription for after ER of Estrace and Medrol.....transfer set for thursday 10/24 @ 9:00 am.
Doctor A asked if I was in pain and to be honest no....I am bloated but not really uncomfortable...weird. I was told that depending on my blood results it is very possible I would trigger with Lupron ( did not have) and would have to pick up at the local specialty pharmacy for $200. Lupron trigger is typically used to prevent OHSS....uhhhmmmm WHAT. I am all for this but why not say it earlier just in case...the thought of the $100 Novarel going down the drain is unsettling, I called DH and he basically said ( which is true) what difference does it make? Even if we have to get the $200 shot at this point there is nothing we can do but go with it. He was right and we would gladly pay it to get to the next phase. Anyway trigger done, bum slightly sore.
Nurse called I am to trigger with HCG, ( Praise God), at 7500 IU, everything is a go and E2 is 5254. I will do everything I can to avoid OHSS. Promptly after ER I will get some Gatorade and start the protein...I should go to sleep. Long day ahead..



No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...