Prime

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

First OB Appointment

I had my first Ob appointment today and it went really well. The Nurse practitioner was the best. They did a complete work up on me including a pap which I told them I was nervous about since I was spotting off and on.  We went through some history and I did advise them this baby was conceived through IVF. I was told I may be monitored closely because of my age and because I have a Subchorionic hemorrhage (subchorionic hematoma). Yes you read that right, despite seeing the local R/E for 3 scans as well as going to the Emergency room neither of them told me about this. Both told me they had no idea where the spotting was coming from. I am now stuck with a $1700 bill from the ER for nothing.....just great.  Anyway the nurse said it is small so she is thinking it is collapsing and was perhaps bigger a few weeks prior, and mentioned this seems to be common with IVF babies. Also I have to take the glucose test twice, once now and then the other around 28 weeks. Yay me ( rolls eyes).

On Another Note- Who knew you had to pay the doctor for birth prior to getting there. I was told I have until 24 weeks to pay the practice $1800, granted $1500 of this is because I have not met my deductible.  Phew....thank goodness it wasn't higher or I would be completely screwed. Keep in mind this does not include the hospital costs so I will either have to get an estimate of that or switch to my husband's insurance if they out of pocket will be cheaper. While it could be worse, that is still pretty high.

Our Bambino is measuring spot on at 8weeks 1 day which is exactly what I am today. I heard the heart beating for the very first time, & it beating away at 166 bpm. It was one of the best sounds I have ever heard.  Unfortunately for this practice video or pictures are not allowed with the ultrasounds so the print out I received sometime later I will try to scan and upload. I have been bad at doing that I know. The good thing is they did an abdominal scan and boy did it hurt when she pressed down on my tummy. I have graduated to no more wands....Woot Woot. I think today may be the very day I start the bump pics, I want to document this pregnancy as much as I can but honestly I am feeling so drained.....so sleepy. I can't wait to get home and go to sleep and perhaps do the bump pic. I so my blogging at work......don't judge. I need the welcome distraction from the stress around here.

Symptoms-Dry Heaving.... :-/  I can drink soda just fine...don't worry only had a sip yesterday and 1q can today. Anyway I cannot seem to make water work so I am just to stay hydrated anyway possible.
I also do not like my husband right now, this must be a boy. I swear he can't breathe without me wanting to smack him. I hope this passes. Still have the metallic or weird mouth taste.

Image result for First prenatal meme

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...