Prime

Friday, June 16, 2017

Beating Heart

Image result for God is of Miracles
Today I am 6 weeks & 4 days pregnant.

I got my blood drawn and it was off to the ultrasound room where I got undressed and ready.  I hopped on the table praying to see a flutter.  The dildo cam was inserted and my pringle popped right up.  The empty sac from last week & this past Monday @ 6 weeks now had a fetal pole and a HEARTBEAT fluttering away! There was in fact a little one growing tight against the side of the gestational sac (they don’t do measurements because it will heat up the embryo) but the heart beat was there, and awesome and as always I stared at the screen in disbelief with tears in my eyes.  I am surprised that I did not cry, I did fight back tears.

As for me I was weighed and I am now 214 pounds…shit. I gained 6 pounds in a month. NOOOOOOOO I was already heavy prior to IVF at 194 in FEBRUARY, so 20 pounds is not good within 3 months. I will have to walk on my treadmill beginning today and start to watch what I put in my mouth. The thing is I have NO food aversions and I am hungry all the time. Snacks will have to consist of healthy fruits and veggies.

Official Symptoms:

  • I have nausea I think…is it nausea when after eating you feel like you “might’ throw up?
  • I have Dysgeusia. Dysgeusia is actually a fairly common symptom of pregnancy that generally occurs during the first trimester. It is the medical term referring to the change in your taste buds, specifically the feeling of a metallic or sour taste while pregnant. It tends to be present even if you aren’t currently eating. It sucks…your food is gross after you eat. YUCK.
  • Hunger! I am hungry. Like I mentioned I have no aversions & I am hungry nearly all the time. I will feel starved, but then I will just eat a few bites and feel full - sometimes. Sometimes, I am so freaking hungry I will eat like I'm in a competition.
  • Sore breasts – Off & On.
  • Sleepiness- Not too bad but yes I am in bed at 7 and out like a light 30 minutes later.
  • Bloated. I have the pregnancy bloat. My stomach is gross. Gas. It has to be said. And I know, I know...TMI. But seriously, I have it...bad.
  • Cramping and spotting. I have off and on cramping but the tech pointed out Gas pockets in my stomach which explains all of that. I haven’t had any additional spotting since Monday whem I went to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...