Prime

Friday, June 23, 2017

Food and Diet

Growing up we all have those little healthy tidbits that we were forced to do, take or hear about.

I was basically never sick as a child because I was given Cod Liver Oil, Liquid Bitter Vitamins & Ferrol all the time plus I ate only natural home cooked meals. That was the norm for me, and then I moved to Florida and it all went to hell. My diet had NO JUNK FOOD for most of my young live, none. The co-relationship with eating food that is bad with diet and health is a real thing ladies and gents. Living in florida with my mom she would work a lot so cooking was not frequent, it was KFC, McDonalds and whatever else she can grab and we all know how bad these are.

As an adult I try to limit but let's be honest how easy is it to reach for Junk? Last year I did clean eating for a few months, lost weight and felt great. Now that I am back eating junk I am sluggish, tired, gaining weight rapidly and having some issues. Since I am pregnant I cannot diet but I can certainly make as many changes for a cleaner diet as I can. First I need to work on hubby to use the Salt Free seasonings.Image result for cococnut

Let's talk coconuts. Hubby got me coconuts, & lots of them. I live in Florida so there are coconut trees lined just about on every other street. Sometimes while working he will see landscapers pruning the trees and tossing perfectly good coconuts away, which is a major SCORE for us. Do you know how much these cost in the stores? plus the ones in the stores are not all natural. We have a tree behind our condo but we never get the coconuts, they are so high and no one gets them down so they usually get over ripe and then fall and roll into the lake. Why am I going on and on about coconuts and diet? I forgot that drinking coconut water will bring down blood pressure. This is something I knew growing up and forgot. I drank a glass of water and blood pressure not only went down but is back to normal. Here's a little article on it as well but like I said this was something I knew growing up.... Read . It is so refreshing and if you found a really good husk it tastes just like water. Yum can't wait to get home and have some more.
Image result for cococnut

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...