Prime

Monday, May 1, 2017

Egg Retrieval & Week In Review

Image result for egg retrieval
 
This is my attempt to recap the entire week to catch up on my blogging.
 
  • April 24th did final level checks with local R/E and sent them over to the clinic.I received instructions to go one more night of stims 300iu gonal F and 75 menopur.
  • April 25th did Cetrotide and got on a early flight with hubby to Albany. The weather was lovely and we spent it downtown at the Museum, and then the mall. Awesome day. Did first trigger at 9 pm Lupon. Hubby had a hot dream and lets just say remember he is suppose to abstain to get the best sample for IVF yeah well that didn't happen.... oh well.
  • April 26th got up early took hubby to the clinic to leave his  sample ( unfortunately he had to leave so we had to freeze his boys for 1 day at a $50 charge) grrr wasn't expecting that especially since I was told there would not be a charge. It wasn't a big deal but conflicting. That wasn't the ticker, the ticker was they didn't have me on the schedule for ER the very next day.... WTH.?? They quickly had that squared away but I wasn't happy. Anyway he gave me my second trigger in the parking lot at the airport at 9:00 am. I went to the mall after dropping him off...
  • April 27th Egg retrieval day and surprisingly I was not nervous. I had a rental car and drove myself. Nurse Kimmie  was super sweet & stayed with me as much as she could since I was alone.......we had no choice hubby HAD to go home and the plan was to trigger Monday and this done on Wednesday so the whole process was off a day. With IVF this is to be expected. Anyway I had to leave my car at the clinic and was told to get it 24 hours. I did not follow orders I was back at 7 to get it. Honestly I felt fine for the most part, there was bloating but not too much. Slept, watched TV, went to get something to eat and vegged at the Hotel. No pain, just bloated and gassy.  They got 16 eggs way less than I did 3 years ago but ok I will take it.
 
Image result for egg retrieval
 
  • April 28th missing hubby and ready to get home and be in my own bed. Spent the day walking the malls did a little shopping. Had Thai food delivered and I was not impressed....not at all. I had to call to check on fertilization.......I am getting annoyed anyway of the 16 retrieved 11 fertilized no word on the other 5. 
  • April 29th was so ready to get on the plane, we got in early but was stuck on the plane for 30 minutes.  So happy to be home and be with hubby. Missed him so much and he had soup waiting for me since I am feeling like I am catching a bug or something. No word from the clinic and nothing in the portal.
  • April 30th- Uneventful Sunday, stayed home all day and watched Netflix with hubby. Loved every minute of it.
Now for today, again I had to call for an update & was told they didn't have one for day 3. I. AM. GETTING. REALLY. ANNOYED. with this clinic. It is not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things but I was expecting more information and to be called not for me to chase information. The tidbit I was told is that they have a note to check on day 5. I am going to remain calm and just let it go. But I will definitely contact the owner and let him know. This is unacceptable even the clinic I won the free cycle at least kept me in the loop on the embryo status. What if they needed to freeze a few on day 3, what if something happens. What the heck is happening & then told I should call in the morning to check....what? this isn't free I am paying for this and expect better service. Okay it is out of my control....nothing I can do but I will contact the owner...I have to voice my concerns. I will wait until I am much calmer and in a better mood.
 
Chanting ( Serenity Now, Serenity Now, Serenity Now)
 
Image result for egg retrieval


No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...