Prime

Friday, March 30, 2012

THINGS GOT MORE WEIRD

So I left off stating that on 3/26 my HCG was 2120 well, on 3/28 it went to 4900, Estradiol at 416 and Progesterone at 26 all great except the Ultrasound only shows a tiny dot which could be a puesedo sac that would be in line with an Ectopic. The RE's office has communicated with the OB/GYN and all my records were sent over both have suggested to me that I am having an Ectopic pregnancy.....but things got weird.........

I saw an attending OB/GYN today 3/30/2012 and she looked at my charts she said there is NOTHING to her that suggests that I am having an ectopic however she is not saying I am NOT having one either. She said it could also be a blighted ovum but she hates to jump to conclusion without looking at all options because she told someone that and she has a healthy baby boy. Her advice to me was to go get another Ultrasound which I did and do more bloodwork. She also told me I should NOT have stopped medication and that nothing is over until it is confirmed over. After speaking with her I felt so much more comfortable she was so understanding, maybe because she was a woman.

Here is where it got weird, the Ultrasound tech today was the one that did my Ultrasound on 3/22 and saw nothing and now she says she sees a tiny black dot. She said what is strange about it is it was not there when she did her search the week before but then now it is present. She did the measurement of the dot and it is around 4 weeks 6 days...obviously these days are off for my FET ivf cycle and really I should be 6 weeks 6 days based on a blastocyst transfer but what the attending doctor told me echoed in my ears, "I have seen stranger things happen and it isnt over until it is confirmed over."

Here is an U/S pic of 4 weeks it isnt mine but it looks exactly the same


My feelings-I am COMPLETELY effing confused. I called DH and told him and he is just as confused. I have gone through so many emotions in one week it is crazy, first devastation, glimmer of hope, acceptance of the ectopic, pain in my heart for what I have to do, fear, and now glimmer of hope again. Realistically I am not sure if there could be a happy outcome even if my emby is fighting but if I can do anything to help I will. Due to the conflicted stories I wish I didnt stop the meds but I did. I wanted to note that I am still not feeling anything extreme, the frequent urine is not as much, my boobs still hurt even after stopping Progesterone for the last few days but nothing crazy. For now we will continue what little meds we have, thank God for this journey and continue to walk to see where the Lord is taking us.

1 comment:

  1. hmm...not sure what to think - but I will be praying for you that maybe your glimmer of hope is for a reason!!

    ReplyDelete

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...