Prime

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Premature to Plan Ahead ?

I woke up ridiculously early this morning and I fully expect to nap maybe several times throughout the day. I decided to remove the due date ticker for a few reasons

1. I think the dates are wrong
2. I would hate for someone that had a bad cycle to see that right now
3. I could be jumping the gun a little and I need to wait until I feel 100% secure.

Anyway yesterday I called my OB/GYN's office and to my complete surprise I was asked to come in Monday for my first prenatal appointment which I think puts me at a solid 5 weeks or 5w2d. I contemplated contacting them prior to being released from the RE because the RE is miles away for me and I have to wait and wait for my next instructions, I think I would be more at ease if I can at least already have this process started so should anything arise....I pray nothing of course...then they can handle my needs. Hence the title Premature to plan ahead?

Symptoms: Tingling or soreness in my tatas (breasts) and darkening of the areola, the need to urinate more frequently and feeling more tired than usual. No morning sickness but hungry feelings then when I start to eat I feel full after a few bites and definitely having food aversions.

FUN STUFF
This morning I came across something on the internet that is so me and I thought I should share...Economical, Fashion-Forward Maternity Wear for Stylish Moms-to-Be. Holy crap this is sooooo right up my alley. I like to stay on top of the fashion trends for the most part. Some things I dont indulge in but for the most part it is just me. I love clothes, and I love shoes, the intensity isnt as I was in my 20's when I have blown an entire weeks paycheck on clothes, shoes and handbags absolutely irresponsibly. Now I try to do little perk shopping here and there and of course around the seasons. I am a regular at the Semi Annual sales at Victoria Secrets and I may need to buy stock in Macy's and Charlotte Russe when they have sales. For the past 8 months while going through this journey to conceive, I have gained weight and not been as trendy as I normally am. I suppose the endless doctor visits, blood draws, disappointments and emotional rollercoaster didnt really cause there to be much of an appeal. Havent touched stilletos since....hell well over 2 months a go and I am going through fashion withdrawal. These things are of course petty at the moment and heels shouldn't hurt my embie but the fear that it will outweighs the vanity to wear them. The biggest factor is also the $$$$$$ DINERO, me and DH have been spending so much all in such a short time that it has put a dent in our wallets. To top things off we are saving for a wedding a year from now......seems like it may turn out to be a tiny shindig after all. Ok enough rambling about me.

Sassy Info

Denim Therapy Jeans....Expecting moms can reduce their carbon footprint (and forgo buying frumpy ‘mom’ jeans) and reuse their favorite pair of jeans as maternity wear by having Denim Therapy expand the waistline to fit their burgeoning belly throughout pregnancy

Directly from there website "Denim Therapy will restore your jeans to their original size. The cost? Just $60. What a great green alternative that will leave you looking like a ‘haute mama‘ in your jeans throughout your pregnancy and beyond"



Of course my attitude is this, what is the material used for the stretch and can't I try adding this myself? Uhhhmmm okay I would sooner take it to the nearest seamstress but still it has to be cheaper than sending it out with shipping and handling. I do have a pair or two of jeans I adore and would love to do this to but then again Motherhood carries great styles from heidi Klum for less to begin with...so while they offer economical ideas it may not be the "BEST" deals, the fact that they exist for a fashionista like me though is enough to make a girl smile.

Another great thing on the market
A Bella band is every pregnant woman’s best friend for keeping unbuttoned pants cleverly and discreetly concealed during those awkward ‘in-between’ stages of one’s pregnancy.



I will share more ideas as I find them and of course as I need/wear them but for now just browsing the things that are to come.

One thing I may HAVE to buy this weekend is a SLEEP Bra, I was desperate to find out what others used for relief with the boob soreness thing... DH hugged me full on yesterday and it was so painful, showers arent so bad though but laying on my girls a certain way....OUCH....anyway someone recommend these and I will probably indulge.
Here are some other tips that are also helpful.



•Wear a sports bra.
A sports bra can help minimize movement of your breasts, which is one reason you might feel pain. YES I love my sports brs right now.

•Sleep in a bra.
You might find that sleeping in a bra is helpful to minimize movement and help with tenderness. I havent slept without one in days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...