Prime

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Trucking Along

Image result for 17 weeks
I am 17 weeks 2 days today & I think I’m going to start posting these updates (when I remember!), so feel free to skip over them if you so choose! I'm not keeping any kind of pregnancy journal so I want to have something to look back on during this part of my journey. I'm learning that time goes very quickly, so I don't want to forget any of it! Plus I barely took any documenting photos so this will work.

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a Pomegranate or Onion or Turnip, it all depends on the App you are on. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop. Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord – her lifeline to the placenta – is growing stronger and thicker

Symptoms: Still throw up at times….I never know when these days. I'm also still super tired all the time.

Weight Gain:  Not sure, will know at the next apt at 18 weeks 3 days.

Cravings: None

Aversions: It depends on the day, most days everything

Sleep:  Not too bad other than the nightly potty breaks I have to take.  I'm ready for bed by 6:30 or 7:00 , awake at 2 for a snack and them down at 4 to be back up at 6!

Maternity Clothes:  It's a work in progress, my clothes do not fit and the things I did buy 1 dress and 1 pant are too big so in turn it makes me look bigger.  

What I Miss:  Eating what I want…..but it is worth the sacrifice right now!

What I'm Looking Forward To: My 18 week sonogram.  Haven't seen the little one since 16 weeks because I did an elective scan at an outside facility.  If not the last scan was at 12 weeks 3 days for the NT. Also, the OB practice does them 6 weeks at a time. Hate that.

Special Pregnancy Moments: Telling my friends this weekend. They took it well considering I waited until so long but they also understood which is why I love them so much. Everyone was so excited and happy for us! I was really happy to be able to tell them in person.

Bump Update: One minute I look huge and the next the bump disappears.

Exercise: What’s that? Anyway I keep saying I am going to start walking but when I get home I crash. It is a shame considering I have a treadmill in my tiny living room and it is in front of the TV, surely I can walk for 15 minutes………

Actually after I got it I realize I prefer to walk outdoors. It has been collecting dust for 8 or 9 months now. It will need to go when baby is here. We just do not have the room for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...