Prime

Monday, August 7, 2017

14 Weeks

Image result for Thankful for another day meme
 
So today I am officially 14 weeks. I will shamefully admit that I did an elective ultrasound yesterday, but it was the best $50 ever to hear my daughters heart beat. She was super active yesterday, so active that not only could we not get a profile pic but none of her face. She flipped, kicked and kept turning & facing my back. I have been feeling flutters but everything I have read said I wouldn't feel anything until much later so I just completely disregarded it. The tech said while yes it is mostly much later some people do start feeling flutters starting now. My cute kid was kicking up a storm I tell you, I felt so proud. This is so surreal for me....I have been waiting for years to feel this.

I know I have such a long way to go to meet her but January is not getting here soon enough. My due date is 2/5/2017 however I am now measuring a week ahead so I am assuming she will be here by mid January. Please God, nothing sooner and no NICU is my hope, prayer and goal. I am having a hard time with finding clothes for myself but have also been lazy with going to consignment shops.

Thredup.com seems to be a good place to start as well as Ebay. I did go to Goodwill at the advice of a friend and didn't see anything but then only spent maybe 5 minutes, the store had an odd smell. A mixture of dust, & old things. There is a more modern location closer to my home so I will try that one to see if it is better. Either way I will need some new clothes and soon. I am in my fat pants and those are tight.

Image result for 14 weeks baby  with fruit
 
At 14 weeks pregnant, baby is as big as a peach, measuring 3.4 inches and weighing in at 1.5 ounces. Baby has almost doubled in weight since last week, and keeps on growing at super speed at week 14.
 
You are now in your second trimester and your baby is beginning to be a real 'individual' – even down to gaining their own unique set of fingerprints!
 
Total Weight Loss/Gain: I haven't weighed myself but from the doctor I was down 2 or 3 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: I ordered a dress, a pant and a shirt. This week is a must. Everything is too tight and hurts.

Stretch marks: None from pregnancy, I had some before

Sleep: It hasn't been bad

Movement: I think I feel flutters, maybe it is stretching sensations but who knows. First time experience so hard to tell or decipher.

Cravings/Aversions: Basically nothing is appealing really, I just try to eat to see what stays and what I will never touch again.

Gender: Girl, I did an NT scan and genetic testing.

Symptoms: The lower back pain and sore breasts continue but I feel pretty good everywhere else. I have been having slight cramping every now and again. Feels like period cramps, but all the books say that it's more ligament stretching. It was bad Friday night...

What I miss: Not having heartburn, it truly sucks.

What I look forward to: Feeling the baby move!

Milestones: 2nd Trimester!!!!!! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...