Prime

Friday, April 20, 2012

A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT

A few people have recommended the website Misdiagnosed Miscarriges, here is the link

http://www.squidoo.com/IVFMisdiagnosedMiscarriage

It is rather scary how many women were told they either miscarried or had blighted ovums that went on to have babies. I didnt know a thing about blighted ovum or ectopic until my current situation. Also this site is not only helpful but the attending OB I was seeing from 3/28-4/10 did tell me she herself diagnosed someone with a blighted ovum and that patient now has a wonderful healthy child. She said it changed her as a doctor and she now tells her patients to wait it out as long as it is safe to make absolute sure but not my current OB he is not really thinking that way.  I was shocked he wanted to wait a little longer because when I went to see him 3/19th I regretted it because at that time he was already saying I was miscarrying but look at me now....there is a YOLK sac and even if it isnt viable at least I waited enough for that to develop. Reading a lot of Google and literature once the yolk sac is present then the embryo should be visible soon BUT it does not mean there won't be a miscarriage...hopes get high then shot low...I am a beliver as I have mentioned many many times, so hey we will see what happens. It aint over till its over.


Anyway here is some information I saw while browsing around killing time about IVF babies, sac size, etc...now I am sure this has its exception because most women do not have to deal with this BUT there are always exceptions to every rule.......
Summary. The gestation sac size in pregnancies resulting from in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer have been compared with those in spontaneous pregnancies. Small-for-dates gestational sac sizes were found in 36% of the IVF pregnancies. This proportion held for both singleton and multiple pregnancies. With increasing gestation beyond 8 weeks the gestation sac volume increasingly approached normal. In contrast to spontaneous conceptions, IVF pregnancies had a low rate of pregnancy loss once fetal heart movements were demonstrated, when the gestation sac size was small-for-dates. Small sac size in an IVF pregnancy may lead to the misdiagnosis of a failed pregnancy.




Other Matters: Gulp !! it appears that me and DH have 11 months to go for the wedding and the planning has fallen way behind not to mention the saving, allocating, etc. So much of my time and energy has been on the viability of this pregnancy that I really havent had time to focus on much else. I really need to get it together and will start getting charger plates together soon and start buying decor. I thought I knew excatly what I wanted but at the moment I am confused and have changed my mind slightly. We havent done engagement pics, didn't tell the family of the dates and really havent done any annoucements. Truth be told once the ET date was scheduled I told him lets wait until after the first trimester, (sigh).  I will not dwell on that right now, as far as I am concerned I am pregnanut until proven otherwise. I will have to start getting things together and QUICK, dress shopping in two months...I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...