Prime

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Appt Update and It isn't Great

“And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

I won't hear the beta results until next tuesday however I did ask the U/S tech what is going on well she said the sac is still measuring the same size about 5 weeks with no visible baby.




Oddly enough I was NOT crushed, I prayed before I walked in that building and I have been through so many emotions but I went in confident that my baby is fine. God's will has been done and I accept it. Next tuesday we wait to hear if this is an ectopic to explain the tiny sac or blighted ovum? I am not sure but I do not think a miscarriage would continue to produce HCG assuming that the number got higher, as crazy and confusing as this all have been I am not angry, I just hope that others do not have to go through this and if they are then you know that nothing happens without a reason, even reasons you cannot understand or want to accept.

I plan to use the next few months to get ME back, I need to be cleansed from all these hormones that I have been taking and start working out again. Honestly,I would prefer to adopt than to go through another emotional rollercoaster with meds, monitoring & drugs. Even if I had another emby at NH, where I am mentally I am not sure I would go back anytime soon to endure this all over again, but of course it would have been great to have one so we had the option. The thought that me and DH will have to find at a minimum of $5000 to do another cycle is so out of water for us at the moment BUT if we put our mind to saving then YES we can do it. $5000 to some sounds like not much but for us it is a lot for our budget. I do not think I would return to NH for another cycle, not because I didnt get great care but the travel costs was well over $2000 in the end I am sure. There is a place in North Florida that does mini ivf for $4500 ( 4 hour drive) including meds and monitoring and then another place in NYC that offers it for $3800. Options are there but I am NOT so sure I want to go through them for at least another 6 months plus of course we need to save like there is no tommorrow. I emailed the billing dept at NH a week ago to get an idea and no response to date so this also help me come to the decision that I cannot deal with the lack of communication if we saved and had to deal with this, especially for me when I am already on the fence wondering if I should EVER do this again.

Information
If you are in the South Florida area and wanted to get information on IVF then here is what I found and wanted to share. There is one for 3 cycle attempts for $9900

http://www.fertilityandgenetics.com/

But I also realize that certain costs are additional such as ICSI which we would want, and assisted hatching as well so it may make better sense to return to NYC as the costs there seem lower even if NOT at NH, as there are so many doctors with competition so lots of clinics include it in their $5000 package and NYC also offers a grant package but you must be a resident. There are always options and while for now, I do not want to jump right back in the swing of things I wanted to post the information for people that wanted to start and needed a good idea how and where.

1 comment:

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...