Prime

Friday, March 3, 2017

Approved and Ungrateful


 
I was approved for the Compassionate Program but for 25% off. While this is still amazing and I am thankful ( please don't hate me for saying this), I am also truthfully very disappointed. Our income is low, I have seen higher income than us get 50% what the heck? I tried to ask them about the criteria and they were not so nice with the response. Compassionate Care not so compassionate with questions? But understandably they are giving me something and here I am questioning it. It's just that I was really, really hoping for 50%.

Anyway, even though we are working, we are on the much lower end of middle class so this is a hit to my wallet and anxiety level. Sacrifices were made just to cycle which will be financed for 12 months. *sigh*. I called my husband whining & he quickly asked " Where is your faith?"... I love this man. The things we do for a chance at a family. I am humbled & thankful and also ungrateful all at the same time. There are credit cards that can be used and probably will be, it just wasn't my plan. I wanted to use them as little as possible....... I have worked so hard to keep debt down but all out the window now.

On the flip side at the time of our dire need we did get it at 75% when we both were unemployed at the same time for a short period of time in 2013, the year we won the raffle and still failed IVF, yeah that year. I am thankful we were approved and have the opportunity to use the program if necessary but now I move on Plan B & C. There are couples that did not even get what I did for goodness sake so I will cut the crap & get on with Plan B, nothing I can do about this anymore.


I am expecting aunt flow in 2 weeks or less unless she is a no show again, so I have to start to secure meds right now.




Plan B is to order from the UK or Israel , & Plan C is up in the air but tricky so I won't mention.
At the end of the day guess what? If I have to cycle in April then so be it.

Almost forgot, I also applied for First Steps and was approved for 25% but I won't be using those medications, that's for Follistim and I was prescribed Gonal F.





Disclaimer-  I am just whining about this. I am well aware that IVF is costly & having a child will be too. This wind in my sail alter the course but not change it. I am of course thankful just was also in the same breath ungrateful. There are many couples not even able to afford a cycle and have to live with that. If you are that person and reading just know that I understand.
 

























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































..
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...