Prime

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's hum drum

I am happily counting the days down until Oct 4th, (next friday) when I go in and get some news..since I haven't started I do not have much to say here or to document. It's pretty Blah, hum drum around here.

MEDS
I did want to update that the person that was supposed to sell me the Menopur that I wrote about last week, did not. (Sigh) Oh well, DH said well just buy it from Freedom and call it a day or try 1 more time. Today I found someone in my state that had a cancelled cycle with just about all the meds I need. It sucks to have a cancelled cycle, but it could be due to great surprises, anyway she is shipping the menopur fingers crossed tommorrow and it will be about $400 for 3 boxes which includes shipping and the COD fee.
The nurse confirmed that she sent my prescription to Freedom Fertility yesterday 9-23 and I can say at this time I have not heard from them yet. I plan to call either later today or tommorrow. I have heard mostly good things about them but there are some not so good stories. Since we are paying out of pocket we will order as we go. Risky...? YES but at the same time it won't leave us completely at too much of a loss since they ship for free overnight. I hope I am not playing too much with fire but dropping too much on meds I will not use is NOT appealing either and running out will of course send me in a panic. I pray it will all work out and if necessary and I need to order at the drop of a hat then there are no worries, besides the clinic may have a sample stash they can help out with.

The ones we won't order until Day 1 (Oct 11) will be Endometrin and Progesterone in Oil. Why? For 1. I  need to know why are we ordering both since they do the same thing. In oil is $35 per vial roughly several days shots and the Endometrin is quoted at $400 plus for 63 pills ( vaginal insertion). I will happily get the one in my butt and deal with the lumps and not leaky mess ( sorry TMI). Here's another kicker if the prescription for Endometrin is called in from a Specialty Pharmacy it is $400 plus BUT when I quoted it online for Walgreens / CVS my insurance will cover and my co-pay would be $40....Don't you just love the insurance companies. (rolling my eyes)
I won't know what this is all about until I see the RE next week. In the meantime will order majority of the meds when I get the call from Freedom, sit tight, and wait to get this whole ordeal going.

BCP-I still hate them, my boobs have grown and I am moody and cannot sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...