Prime

Monday, December 4, 2017

We hit the 30's


Image result for 3\1 weeks
 
31 Week STATS
Your baby is about the size of a coconut, and she will now gain as much as a half pound per week until she's born.
Baby's Length: 16.18in.
Baby's Weight: 3.31lb
 
At 31 weeks pregnant, development of your baby’s major organs and body parts is largely complete, and she'll gain weight rapidly during the final leg of your pregnancy. This week, your baby weighs about 3.3 pounds and is between 16 and 17 inches long. Her taste buds have started to develop, and her eyes are open. You may start experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions, which are practice contractions that help prepare for labor.
 
I saw the Nutritionist a day before thanksgiving and I now am using a glucose monitor to check blood sugars 4 times per day. YAY me...rolls eyes. I am doing ok with eating but my fasting tends to still be slightly elevated. I got to see the little one and as always she did not cooperate which brings me to present. I did an elective ultrasound on 11/30/2017 and guess what.....she still did not cooperate. I absolutely give up, the kid will not show her face. I was told though that she was estimated at 3 pounds 10 ounces.

I did the hospital tour on 11/28 and I was completely underwhelmed. It doesn't help that the hospital does not have great reviews but as my husband said, "you are going to have a baby and then leave not live there". The plus to this hospital is that they have a level III NICU, which I hope we don't need.

My OB appointments are now every 2 weeks and I start NST's ( Non Stress Test) bi weekly next week.

It’s strange to think that in no more than 8-10 weeks I’m going to be writing with a newborn. As I’ve been writing, our little one has been squirming and punching me internally, a not-so-gentle reminder that baby is getting ready for the world. Maybe some of the strangeness of all of this will dampen after we actually set up the area for the baby. We live in a tiny condo so no nursery unfortunately. Gifts are still coming in and we are so incredibly blessed. I am pretty sure we won't need to buy diapers for the first 2-3 months or even more.

Cravings/Aversions: Nope. I’m perhaps pregnancy’s most boring craving/aversion person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...