Prime

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

How I saved on IVF Meds

Image result for How I saved on IVF MEds 
Pic from here
 
I mentioned  that eventually I would say where I got my medications and I wanted to stay true to my word.
I was able to cut my ivf medication cost by about 70% because I got the major ones from previous ivf cyclers as well as using goodrx.com for price comparison in your area. I really love this tool, tons of savings.
A few of the ladies were/are patients of the clinic I will be cycling. I found them through a Facebook group. I wont provide the name here but if you are interested you can comment below and I will email it privately.
 
  • Pros- I was able to get all the prescribed Gonal F's, my Menopur, Cetrotide, & Lupron. One of the ladies  sent me free syringes, needles, and alcohol prep pads. All of the items purchased were unopened, prescribed, unexpired.
  • Cons-While they shipped them correctly. I am slightly nervous anyway. I suppose because worrying is just what we do with infertility & IVF. The meds are not even close to expiration, there is no reason to feel this way but anxiety will do it to you. I think the only thing that will expire this year is the Menopur 8/2017. Everything else is 2018 plus I did call & I did research all meds are still good up to 6 months after expiration.
  • Image result for how to save money on ivf medications
*All things are risky but on 4/3  a scammer got into the group and said she was selling a few things. I sent her payment via paypal of $143 for Endometrin ( 3 boxes), after she received the payment  & sent me a fake tracking number she promptly closed her Facebook account. While it sucks and I am completely out of pocket, the admins are aware and she is blocked.
In the grand scheme of things it could be worse but I am filing a claim through the bank. As hubby said "If that is all you lost through this process, I still say you won & if she is that pressed for money she would do it in this sensitive group then let it go" My response " You are right but no thank you, scamming is not ok on any level"
 
Right now I am still missing 2 major meds, the Endometrin at $250 per box ( need 3) & Cleocin ( $243 without discount)....those alone may very well be another $1000 *Gasp*
 I never threw out the Endometrin that expired and Hubby thinks I should keep them as back up. Holy crap what am I going to do? I will not cancel another month so living on a prayer the ladies will have this for purchase in the group or just convince the clinicI can double up the Progesterone in Oil.
 
I printed a coupon from goodrx.com for Cleocin & Progesterone in oil. Neither of these are covered by insurance, which reminds me....crap I need to fill the intralipids and that's another $80.00 *sigh*

Looks Like I have some more things to check off the list before Aunt Flow is here but overall I have spent close to $2000 and the quote from Freedom was $5600. Take that bastard infertility and stupid insurance companies.

Image result for how to save money on ivf medications
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...