Prime

Monday, September 16, 2019

20 Months on the Horizon

Image result for 20 month old

Toddler Update
Actually she will be 20 months at the end of the month but hey......

Over the past couple months my daughter has turned into a little person. A little person with opinions, who plays games and repeats every word we say.  EVERY. SINGLE. WORD, you know like the word SHIT :-)....that parenting award goes to Dad.   My sweet daughter gives the best hugs, especially when she has been bad. I’m talking arms-wrapped-around-the-neck and squeeze tight kind of hugs. I get one every morning when I get her out of the pack n play and it makes my day. She’s such a happy and loving girl. She likes to tell strangers hi, then waves and says BYE-EE whenever she leaves. She waves bye to Dad in the mornings too.

Tantrums are a plenty but slowly she is understanding things better & learning to deal with her emotions.
She is super clingy to me when she first wake up in the morning and sometimes at night. After I have changed and fed her, she is ready for the world.  She does not like to see another baby in moms arms. Just this weekend I was holding a friends baby ( 13 month old) and I had to also pick her up as well. She’s eating better but not as great as I would like. She wears size 18-24M and 2T & my sweet girl is tall.  Her shoe size is 5 but I put her in some 6's and  she’s still in diapers (size 4) though I am playing with the idea of potty training. I am in the beginning phase, I have the toilet and try to have her sit on it. All in all things are going well.

This parenting thing is such a great ride that I do not take for granted. To be honest, parenting is EXTREMELY hard especially to full time working parents. I find that when I take vacations and still send her to daycare by the time she is home, I am more rested, relaxed, and just in better spirits. I may or may not have mentioned that I am looking for find a part time position in my field and I hope I find it in 2020. Taking a day here & there is great not only for her but for us. We try to take her around other kids all the time so she can play her heart out.


Life is great, there has been many ups and of course some downs but we are getting through it.
I am thankful to be able to experience this and continue to pray for the other women still waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Yr Old's Are Interesting

Infertility is hard. If you found my page because of my journey, then I completely understand what you are dealing with and hope you have su...